THE GS TRAM SITE
ÖSTERREICH - AUSTRIA
Just after the abandonment of the shuttle Route 5 (Hauptbahnhof [Central Station] - Bruneckerstraße) on 28 June 1936, and the electrification and extension of Route 6 to the Central Station on the same day.
ÖSTERREICH - AUSTRIA
GS Web Site Home
ABBREVIATIONS ON THE MAPS
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe (IVB)
URBAN TRAM ROUTES
||Berg Isel - Hungerburgbahn
||Wiltener Platz - Maria Theresien-Straße - Pradl
||Wiltener Platz - Maria Theresien-Straße - Rennweg - Solbad Hall
||Hauptbahnhof [Central Station] - Wiltener Platz - Berg Isel - Igls
INTERURBAN ROUTE (STUBAITALBAHN)
FUNICULAR ROUTE (HUNGERBURGBAHN)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
Tramway: ? km.
Stubaitalbahn: 18 km.
Hungerburgbahn: 840 m.
- Steam trams: 1891 - 1910.
- Electric trams: 1905 - today.
1904 - today.
GAUGE (all systems)
The volunteer organization Tiroler MuseumsBahnen operates a tramway museum at the old terminus of the Stubaitalbahn. It also runs
preserved old trams on city tracks.
- Buckley, R.J. Tramways and Light Railways of Switzerland and Austria. Milton Keynes (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1st ed., 1984.
- Buckley, R.J. Tramways and Light Railways of Switzerland and Austria. Milton Keynes (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 2nd ed., 2000.
- Deacon, R. "Innsbruck expansion: The next level", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2016 (79:937), p.20-23.
- Deacon, R. "Innsbruck: Tramway fit for the modern age", Tramways & Urban Transit, Aug. 2004 (67: 800), p.294-296.
- Deacon, R. "Innsbruck: Tramway in transition", Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2009 (72: 854), p.54-57.
- Plefka, E. "The Tramways of Innsbruck", Modern Tramway and Light Rail Transit, Apr. and May 1983 (46: 544-545), p.110-118; 154-164.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.46 - Innsbruck, Austria", Tramways & Urban Transit, Aug. 2011 (74: 884), p.307-309.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2018
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.