THE GS TRAM SITE
25 Aug. 2014
The Calgary LRT after the extension of line 201 to Tuscany
GRAND RIVER VALLEY, ONTARIO (BRANTFORD, GUELPH, KITCHENER-WATERLOO)
GS Web Site Home
Operator: Calgary Transit
LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT (LRT / C-TRAIN) ROUTES
||Somerset / Bridlewood – Southland – Victoria Park – Downtown – Sunnyside –
University – Dalhousie – Crowfoot - Tuscany
||69th Str. SW - Westbrook - 10th Str. SW – Downtown – Zoo – Franklin – McKnight-Westwinds - Saddletowne
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcars (Old system): 5 July 1909 - 29 Dec. 1950.
- C-Train (LRT): 25 May 1981 - today.
- Hatcher, C.K. Stampede City Streetcars: The Story of the Calgary Municipal Railway. Montreal: Railfare, 1975.
- Jones, A.E. "Second time around! - Part 4: Widening horizons in Calgary" Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit,
Jan. 1982 (45:529), p.20-29.
- Simons, V. "Calgary: Success breeds ambition" Tramways & Urban Transit,
Jan. 2015 (78:925), p.9-14.
- Streeter, T. "Double, double, double? - Expanding Calgary's light rail" Tramways & Urban Transit,
Aug. 2011 (74:884), p.298-304.
Hit count for the GS Tram Site:
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2017
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.