THE GS TRAM SITE
5 May 2010
The Marseille tram and métro networks after the prolongation of Métro line M1 to La Fourragère.
GS Web Site Home
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is ©
OpenStreetMap & Contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Régie des transports de Marseille (RTM)
||Noailles - La Blancarde - St. Pierre - Les Caillols
||Euroméditerranée ARENC - Joliette - Canebière Garibaldi - Longchamp - La Blancarde
||La Rose - St Juste - Longchamp - St-Charles (Gare SNCF) - Vieux Port - Castellane - La Blancarde - La Fourragère
||Bougainville - Joliette - St-Charles (Gare SNCF) - Noailles - Castellane - Rond-Point du Prado - Ste-Marguerite Dromel
- Tramway: 12.6 km.
- Métro: 21.5 km.
- Horse tramway: 21 Jan. 1876 - 1903?
- Steam tramway: 1891 - 1904.
- Urban electric tramway (Marseille): May 1892 - today.
- Interurban electric tramway: 13 Aug. 1903 - 1948.
- Electric tramway (Aubagne): 1 Sept. 2014 - today
- Métro: 26 Nov. 1977 - today.
- Tramways (horse trams and first-generation electric): 1430 mm.
- Tramways (second-generation electric and Aubagne): 1435 mm.
- Metro: 1435 mm.
- Jackson, A.A. "The tramways of Marseille", The Modern Tramway, June 1950 (13: 150), p.134-139.
- Laupiès, J. & Martin, J. Les tramways de Marseille ont cent ans Marseille: P. Tacussel, 1990.
- Malterre, P. "The tramways of Marseille today", Modern Tramway & Light Railway Review, May 1963 (26: 305), p.160-163.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.41 - Marseille, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2011 (74: 878), p.59-62.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Light rail the key to mobility in Marseille", Tramways & Urban Transit, Dec. 1999 (62: 744), p.455-458.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Marseille - Two new tramlines, another French light rail triumph", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2007 (70: 838), p.377-380.
Hit count for the GS Tram Site:
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2017
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.