I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Edinburgh Trams
||York Place - Princes Street - Haymarket - Saughton - Edinburgh Park - Gogarburn - Edinburgh Airport
- Horse tramways: 6 Nov. 1871 - 1896.
- Cable tramways: Jan. 1888 - June 1923.
- First-generation electric tramway: (Leith Corporation Tramways): 18 Aug. 1905 - ;
elsewhere: 1922 - 16 Nov. 1956.
- Revived tramway: 31 May 2014 - today.
- Tramways: Standard gauge (1435 mm.)
- Bett, W.H. & Gillham, J.C. Great British tramway networks.
London: Light Railway Transport League, 1962.
- Johnston, H. "Edinburgh: They have started the building work" Tramways & Urban Transit, Nov. 2006 (69: 827), p.416-418.
- Johnston, H. "What we have been waiting for... Edinburgh's almost ready to roll" Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2014 (77: 914), p.57-60.
- Mitchell, R. "Edinburgh's international face for the 21st century" Tramways & Urban Transit, Nov. 2011 (74: 887), p.442-443.