I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is ©
OpenStreetMap & Contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Nottingham Express Transit
||Nottingham Station - Old Market Square - Hyson Green - Basford -
Highbury Vale [Branch: - Phoenix Park] - Moor Bridge - Hucknall
- Horse tramways: 17 Sept. 1878 - 30 Apr. 1902
- Steam tramways: 1884 - 1885
- First-generation electric tramway: 17 Nov. 1900 - 6 Sept. 1936.
- Revived tramway (Nottingham Express Transit): 9 March 2004 - today.
- Tramway (First-generation tramway): ? mm.
- Nottingham Express Transit: 1435 mm.
- Bett, W.H. & Gillham, J.C. Great British tramway networks. London: Light Railway Transport League, 1962.
- "Bringing Nottingham together", Tramways & Urban Transit, Special Supplement, Nov. 2015 (78: 935), 30p.
- "Nottingham Express Transit - Light rail operator of the year" Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2008 (71: 846), p.225-232.
- "Nottingham: First tram is almost ready to roll", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2002 (65: 777), p.329-332.
- Rossiter, W. "Wider impacts on NET Phase Two", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2016 (79: 945), 347-349.