CAERDYDD - CARDIFF
GS Web Site Home
Operator: Sheffield Corporation Tramways
Route numbers are indicative only, and were not used.
||Firth Park - Barnsley Rd. - City - Station - Queens Rd. - Woodseats - Abbey Lane (continues as 1b)
||Tinsley - Aftercliffe - City - Millhouses - Abbey Lane (continues as 1a)
||City - Brightside
||Crookes - West St. - City - Darnall - Handsworth
||Middlewood - Hillsborough - City - Ecclesall Rd. - Ecclesall
||City - Aftercliffe - Upwell St. - Firth Park
||Sheffield Lane Top - Firth Park - Barnsley Rd. - City - Station - Queens Rd. - Woodseats - Meadowhead
||Malin Bridge - Hillsborough - City - Ecclesall Rd. - Fulwood
||Walkley - West St. - City - Elm Tree - Intake
||Walkley - West St. - City - Station
||City - Elm Tree - Prince of Wales Rd. - Darnall - City [Circular route, both directions]
||Wadsley Bridge - City - Queens Rd. - Woodseats
||Wadsley Bridge - City - Shoreham St. - Woodseats
||Rotherham - Tinsley - Aftercliffe - City [Operated jointly with Rotherham Corporation]
- Horse–powered tramway: Oct. 1873 - Nov. 1902.
- First-generation electric tramway: 5 Sept. 1899 - 8 Oct. 1960.
- Revived tramway (electric overhead): 21 March 1994 – today.
- Bett, W.H. & Gillham, J.C. Great British tramway networks. London: Light Railway Transport League, 1962.
- Bower, R. "Sheffield Corporation Tramways", The Modern Tramway, June 1948 (11: 126), p.49; 52-54.
- Fox, P. "Tram operation in Sheffield: Progress, problems and a crisis". In: Light Rail Review 7. London: Light Rail Transit Association, 1995 [p.63-71].
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.40 - Sheffield Supertram, UK", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2011 (74:877), p.19-22.
- Jones, B. "Sheffield: South Yorkshire's quiet success story", Tramways & Urban Transit, June-July 2007 (70:834-835), p.212-216; 253-256.
- Read, G.. "Sheffield: Double the distance?", Tramways & Urban Transit, Aug. 2003 (66: 788), p.288-291.