I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
|T1||Pfaffenthal Kirchberg - Universitéit - Luxexpo|
|Gare Pfaffenthal Kirchberg - Pfaffenthal Kirchberg|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- 3.5 km.
- Funicular: 200 m.
- Urban trams (First generation): (horse-drawn) 21 Feb. 1875 - 1 Oct. 1908; (electric) 8 Aug. 1908 - 5 Sept. 1964.
- Second generation tramway: 10 Dec. 2017 - today.
- Funicular: 10 Dec. 2017 - today.
- Urban tramway (First generation): 1435 mm. (horse trams); 1000 mm. (electric tramways)
- Second generation tramway: 1435 mm.
- Funicular: 1435 mm.
- Wagner, F. "Luxtram: A capital idea", Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2018 (81: 962), p.56-59.
- Ancien tramway de Luxembourg
- Funiculaire Pfaffenthal-Kirchberg
- Musée des tramways et de bus de la ville de Luxembourg
- Tramway de Luxembourg
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.