THE GS TRAM SITE
NORGE / NOREG – NORWAY
21 June 2013
Bergen on the day of the opening of the extension of the LRT line to Lagunen.
NORGE / NOREG - NORWAY
GS Web Site Home
Credit: Nina Aldin Thune
Credit: Nina Aldin Thune
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
LIGHT RAIL ROUTE
Operator: Fjord 1 Partner
||Byparken – Nygårdsbroen - Kronstad – Sletten - Fantoft - Nesttun - Lagunen
||Vetrlidsalmenning – Fløyen
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Light rail: 13.4 km.
- Funicular: 850 m.
- Urban tramways: 3 July 1897 - 31 Dec. 1965
- Light rail (Bybanen): 22 June 2010 - today.
- Funicular: 15 Jan. 1918 - today
- Urban tramways: 1435 mm.
- Light rail (Bybanen): 1435 mm.
- Funicular: 1000 mm.
Bergen's Electric Tramway (Bergens Elektriske Sporvei) operates a 300m heritage tramway in Møhlenpris, near Bergen.
- "Bergen" (news item), The Modern Tramway, Apr. 1954 (17: 196), p.74-75.
- "Bybanen: Bergen Light Rail", Supplement to Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2012 (75: 890), 21p.
- Carter, J.M. "Bergen - On top of the world - and it's a bargain", Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2007 (70: 830), p.52-53.
- Simons, V. "Bergen's Bybanen: Light rail for the smaller city", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2010 (73: 873), p.330-333.
- Wyse, W.J. "The tramways of Bergen", Modern Tramway, Nov. 1963 (26: 311), p.375-384.
Also, thanks to Maurits van Witsen from the Netherlands for information he has given me concerning the Bergen tramways.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2018
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.