THE GS TRAM SITE
(In Hungarian: Pozsony, in German: Pressburg)
ČESKOSLOVENSKO – CZECHOSLOVAKIA
(Now in Slovakia)
SLOVENSKO - SLOVAKIA
GS Web Site Home
ABBREVIATION USED ON THE MAP
||Národné divadlo (National Theatre)
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Dopravný podnik mesta Bratislavy (DPMB)
URBAN TRAM ROUTES
||Hlavná stanica (Main Station) - Kutiky
||Hlavná stanica (Main Station) - Jurajov dvor
||Hlavná stanica (Main Station) - Rača
||Kutiky - Jurajov dvor
||Kutiky - Rača
||Národné divadlo (National Theatre) - Nové Mesto
||Národné divadlo (National Theatre) - Gastanovy hajik
||Hlavná stanica (Main Station) - Ružinov
||Kutiky - Ružinov
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Urban electric trams: 27 Aug. 1895 - today.
- Interurban electric trams (Bratislava [until 1918, Pozsony, Hungary] - Vienna): 1 Feb. 1914 - 1935; (Bratislava -
Austrian border): 1936 - 1939; (Bratislava - Danube bridge): 1945 - 1961.
- Urban trams: 1000 mm.
- Interurban trams: 1435 mm.; (from 1935): 1000 mm.
- Lehnhart, H. & Jeanmaire, C. Tramway systems of Eastern Europe II. Villigen AG (Switzerland): Verlag Eisenbahn, 1977.
- Linek, J. "Tramways of Czechoslovakia [Bratislava]", Light Rail and Modern Tramway.Oct. 1992 (55: 658), p.264-268.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.42 - Bratislava, Slovakia", Tramways and Urban Transit. March 2011 (74: 879), p.99-101.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2017
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.