THE GS TRAM SITE
TÜRKİYE - TURKEY
10 Oct. 2016
The Istanbul network after the extension of metro line
M4 to Tavşantepe.
TÜRKIYE - TURKEY
GS Web Site Home
INSET: CENTRAL ISTANBUL
I created the above maps by overlaying OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps with my own data. Copyright on the OSM maps is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM maps used as a template for these maps corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: İstanbul Ulaşım
MODERN TRAM ROUTES
||Kabataş - Karaköy - Sirkeci - Sultanahmet - Laleli Üniversitesi - Yusufpaşa -
Topkapı - Zeytinburnu - Bağcılar
||Topkapı - Vatan - Demirkapı - Rami - Cumhuriyet - Mescid-i Selam
HERITAGE TRAM ROUTES
||Taksim - Beyoğlu
||Kadıköy - Moda - Kadıköy (Clockwise loop line)
LIGHT RAIL ROUTES
||Yenikapı - Aksaray - Topkapı Ulutbatlı - Bayrampaşa Maltepe - Otogar - Zeytinburnu -
Atatürk Havalimanı (Atatürk Airport)
||Yenikapı - Aksaray - Topkapı Ulutbatlı - Bayrampaşa Maltepe - Otogar - Bağcılar - Kirazlı
||Yenikapı - Haliç - Şişhane - Taksim - Levent - Sanayi Mahallesi (branch line to: -
Seyrantepe) - Hacıosman
||Kirazlı - İkitelli Sanayi - MetroKent (Başakşehir) / Olimpiyat
||Kadıköy - Ünalan - Bostancı - Maltepe - Kartal - Tavşantepe
||Karaköy - Beyoğlu
||Kabataş - Taksim
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Modern tramways: 33.8 km.
- Heritage tramway Taksim - Tünel Meydanı (T2): 1.6 km.
- Heritage tramway Kadıköy-Moda (T3): 2.6 km.
- Light rail: 25.5 km.
- Metro: 65.6 km.
- Tünel Funicular: 573 m.
- Kabataş-Taksim Funicular: 594 m.
- City trams (first-generation): (horse-drawn:) 1871 - 1912; (electric): 1912 - 3 Oct. 1966
- City trams (second-generation, full-service): 13 June 1992 - today.
- City trams (heritage tramways): (T2) 29 Dec. 1990 - today; (T3) 1 Nov. 2003 - today.
- Light rail (M1): 3 Sept. 1989 - today.
- Metro: 16 Sept. 2000 - today.
- Underground funicular (Tünel): (steam-operated): 17 Jan. 1875 - 1971; (electric): 3 Nov. 1971 - today.
- Kabataş-Taksim Funicular (electric): 29 June 2006 - today.
- Trams (first-generation): ? mm.
- Trams (second-generation and heritage): 1435 mm.
- Light rail (M1): 1435 mm.
- Metro: 1435 mm.
- Underground funicular (Tünel): 1435 mm.
- Kabataş-Taksim Funicular: 1435 mm.
The Rahmi M. Koç Museum
has a preserved tram from the 1st generation system as well as other objects of interest.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2018
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.