THE GS TRAM SITE
SEATTLE - TACOMA
19 Dec. 2009
The system after the extension of the light rail system to Sea-Tac airport.
MINNEAPOLIS - ST. PAUL
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
SALT LAKE CITY
SEATTLE - TACOMA
GS Web Site Home
INSET: SEATTLE-TACOMA REGION
INSET: SEATTLE - CENTRAL AREA
I created the above maps by overlaying OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps with my own data. Copyright on the OSM maps is ©
OpenStreetMap & Contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for these maps corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: King County Metro Transit
||Westlake Center - Fairview
& Campus Drive
LIGHT RAIL ROUTES
Operator: Sound Transit
||Westlake Center - King
(Union) Station - Beacon Hill - Rainier Beach - Tukwila - Seattle-Tacoma
||Theater District/S 9th
Street - Union Station - Tacoma Dome
Operator: Seattle Monorail
||Westlake Center - Seattle
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcar line: 2.1 km.
- Light rail lines: 27.7 km.
- Central Link: 25.1 km.
- Tacoma Link: 2.6 km.
- Monorail: 1.9 km.
- Seattle: 1884 - ?
- Tacoma: 1888 - ?;
- Cable cars: 1887 - 1940
- Streetcars (electric):
- Seattle: 30 March 1889 - 13 Apr. 1941; 12 Dec. 2007 - today
- Tacoma: - 8 Apr. 1938
- Waterfront (tourist) streetcar: 29 May 1982 - 19 Nov. 2005
- Interurbans (electric): 1902 - 1939
- Light rail:
- Seattle: 18 July 2009 - today
- Tacoma: 22 Aug. 2003 - today
- Monorail: 24 March 1962 - today
- Light rail / Streetcar (2nd generation, since 2007) / Tourist streetcar: 1435 mm.
- Price, J.H. "Museum News [Seattle]", Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit, Jan. 1982 (45:529), p.30-31.
- Simons, V. "Seattle: Cutting edge LRT solutions", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2016 (79:937), p.9-13.
- Taplin, M.R. "Miraculous in Seattle", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2009 (72:862), p.380-381.
Hit count for the GS Tram Site:
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2017
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.