|Above: YouTubeCA video - HermeLijn tram in Ghent - Length: 0:31 min.||Above: YouTubeCA video - De Lijn BN PCC trams te Gent | 10 maart 2016 - Length: 6:51 mins.|
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: De Lijn
|1||Flanders Expo - Sint-Pietersstation - Kouter - Korenmarkt - Rabot - van Beverenplein - Wondelgem - Evergem|
|4||Sint-Pietersstation - Rozemarijnbrug - Rabot - Muidebrug - Korenmarkt - Zuid - Moscou|
|21||Zwijnaardebrug - Sint-Pietersstation - Rozemarijnbrug - Kouter - Zuid - Ledeberg - Melle Leeuw|
|22||Zwijnaardebrug - Sint-Pietersstation - Rozemarijnbrug - Kouter - Zuid - Ledeberg - DC Gentbrugge|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Urban trams: 30 km.
- Urban trams: (horse-drawn) 24 May 1874 - ?; (battery) 1898 - 1904; (electric) 1 Dec. 1901 - today.
- Interurban trams: (steam) 1887 - 1956; (electric) 1901 - 30 May 1959.
- Trams : 1000 mm.
- Interurban trams (SNCV): 1000 mm.
- Davies, W.J.K. The Vicinal story - Light railways in Belgium, 1885-1991. Scarborough [England]: Light Rail Transit Association, 2nd ed., 2006.
- Koenot, L., Justens, S. & Hamal, T. Tram 2000 - Flash 1996. Bruxelles: Hamal, 1996.
- Pulling, N. "Gent - Expansion and modernisation", Tramways & Urban Transit, Nov. 2008 (71:851), p.423-425.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.62 - Ghent, Belgium", Tramways & Urban Transit, Nov. 2012 (75:899), p.423-426.
- Vancraeynest, B.R. "The Gent tramways", Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit, Jan. 1991 (54: 637), p.11-22.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Gent: Small but perfectly formed", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2002 (64:769), p.8-11.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.