Operator: Calgary Transit
LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT (LRT / C-TRAIN) ROUTES
|201||South-NW Line||Somerset / Bridlewood – Southland – Victoria Park – Downtown – Sunnyside – University – Dalhousie – Crowfoot|
|202||NE Line||10th Str. SW – Downtown – Zoo – Franklin – McKnight-Westwinds|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- C-Train lines: 49 km.
- Streetcars (Old system): 5 July 1909 - 29 Dec. 1950.
- C-Train (LRT): 25 May 1981 - today.
- 1435 mm.
- Hatcher, C.K. Stampede City Streetcars: The Story of the Calgary Municipal Railway. Montreal: Railfare, 1975.
- Jones, A.E. "Second time around! - Part 4: Widening horizons in Calgary" Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit, Jan. 1982 (45:529), p.20-29.
- Simons, V. "Calgary: Success breeds ambition" Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2015 (78:925), p.9-14.
- Streeter, T. "Double, double, double? - Expanding Calgary's light rail" Tramways & Urban Transit, Aug. 2011 (74:884), p.298-304.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.