Operator: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
Note: The lettered route designations are of an indicative nature only, they were never used as such. The official names of the routes are given in the second column in capitals.
|B||BLOOR||Jane & Bloor - Bloor St. - Danforth Ave. - Victoria Park & Danforth|
|BA||BATHURST||Church & King - King St. - Bathurst St. - Bathurst & St. Clair|
|C||CARLTON||Howard Park Ave. (High Park) - College St. - Carlton St. - Gerrard St. - Main St. - Main & Danforth|
|CX||COXWELL||Coxwell & Danforth - Coxwell Ave. - Coxwell & Queen|
|D||DUNDAS||City Hall Loop - Bay St. - Dundas St. - Runnymede & Dundas|
|E||EARLSCOURT||Lansdowne & St. Clair - St Clair Ave. - Mt. Pleasant Rd. - Mt. Pleasant & Eglinton|
|F||FORT||(Exhibition -) Fleet Loop - Bathurst St. - Bathurst & St. Clair|
|H||HARBORD||Lansdowne & Davenport (St. Clarens Loop) - Davenport Rd. - Dovercourt Rd. - Bloor St. - Ossington St. - Harbord St. - Spadina Ave. - Dundas St. - Gerrard St. - Pape Ave. - Pape & Danforth|
|K||KING||Dundas W & Bloor - Roncesvalles Ave. - King St. - Queen St. - Broadview Ave. - Broadview & Danforth|
|KR||KINGSTON ROAD||McCaul Loop - Queen St. - Kingston Rd. - Victoria Park Ave. & Kingston Rd. (Bingham Loop)|
|LB||LONG BRANCH||Humber Loop - Lake Shore Blvd. - Long Branch|
|P||PARLIAMENT||Parliament & Bloor - Parliament St. - Parliament & King|
|Q||QUEEN||Humber Loop - Queensway - Queen St. - Neville Park|
|R||ROGERS ROAD||Bicknell & Rogers Road - Rogers Road - Oakwood Ave. - Oakwood & St. Clair (- St. Clair Ave. - Yonge & St. Clair)|
|SC||ST. CLAIR||(Avon Loop - Weston Rd. -) Keele & St. Clair - St. Clair Ave. - Yonge & St. Clair|
|Y-U||YONGE-UNIVERSITY||Eglinton - Yonge - Union Station - University - Bloor & St.George|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcars: ? km.
- Subway: ? km.
- Streetcars: (horse-powered) 11 Sept. 1861 - 30 Aug. 1894; (electric) 15 Aug. 1892 - today.
- Subway: 30 Mar. 1954 - today.
- LRT (Scarborough Rapid Transit): 22 Mar. 1985 - today.
- Streetcars: 1495 mm.
- Subway : 1495 mm.
- LRT: 1435 mm.
- Bromley, J.F. TTC '28: The electric railway services of the Toronto Transportation Commission in 1928. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society, 1968.
- Filey, M. Not a one-horse town: 125 years of Toronto and its streetcars. Toronto: [Author], 1986.
- Filey, M. The TTC story: The first seventy-five years. Toronto/Oxford: Dundurn Press, 1996.
- Simons, V. "Toronto: Making the move", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2013 (76:910), p.420-426.
- Skelsey, G. "Toronto: The TTC's streetcars at 80 (Part 4)", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2001 (64:757), p.15-18.
- Taplin, M.R. Tramways of North America, including rapid transit.Hassocks (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1982 (?).
- Wickson, E.A. "Toronto's new Light Rail Line". In: Light Rail Review 2. London: Light Rail Transit Association, 2000 [p.63-65].
- The Big Move
- Canadian Street Railways
- Canadian Transit
- Steve Munro's Web Site (dedicated to public transit in Toronto)
- Toronto (on UrbanRailNet)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Transit Toronto
- TTS (Toronto Transportation Society) Online
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2021
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.