Operator: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
Note: The numbered route designations have been in use since the late 1970s . However, the route names also continue to be used.
|501||QUEEN||Long Branch - Lake Shore Blvd. - Queensway - Queen St. - Neville Park|
|502||DOWNTOWNER||McCaul Loop - Queen St. - Kingston Rd. - Victoria Park Ave. & Kingston Rd. (Bingham Loop)|
|(503)||KINGSTON ROAD TRIPPER||York St. - King St.(return: Church St. - Wellington St.) - King St. - Queen St. - Kingston Rd. - Victoria Park Ave. & Kingston Rd. (Bingham Loop)|
|504||KING||Dundas W & Bloor - Roncesvalles Ave. - King St. - Queen St. - Broadview Ave. - Broadview & Danforth|
|505||DUNDAS||Dundas W & Bloor - Dundas St. - Gerrard St. - Broadview Ave. - Broadview & Danforth|
|506||CARLTON||Howard Park Ave. (High Park) - College St. - Carlton St. - Gerrard St. - Main St. - Main & Danforth|
|(508)||LAKESHORE||Long Branch - Lake Shore Blvd. - Queensway - King St. - (Parliament St.) [back: Victoria & Queen - Queen St. - Church St.-]|
|509||HARBOURFRONT||Union Station - Queens Quay - Fleet St. - Exhibition|
|510||SPADINA||Union Station - Queens Quay - Spadina Ave. - Spadina & Bloor|
|511||BATHURST||Bathurst & Bloor - Bathurst St. - Fleet St. - Exhibition|
|512||ST. CLAIR||Keele & St. Clair - St. Clair Ave. - Yonge & St. Clair|
SCARBOROUGH LIGHT RAPID TRANSIT (LRT) LINE
|LRT||Kennedy Station - Scarborough Town Centre (McCowan)|
Note: The lettered route designations are of an indicative nature only. The official names of the routes are given in the second column in capitals.
|B-D||BLOOR-DANFORTH||Kipling - Bloor - Danforth - Kennedy|
|Y-S||YONGE-UNIVERSITY-SPADINA||Finch - Yonge - Union Station - University - Spadina - Spadina Expressway - Downsview|
|S||SHEPPARD||Yonge - Sheppard - Don Mills|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcar lines: 94 km.
- Scarborough LRT line: 6 km.
- Subway lines: 62 km.
- Streetcars: (horse-powered) 11 Sept. 1861 - 30 Aug. 1894; (electric) 15 Aug. 1892 - today.
- Subway: 30 Mar. 1954 - today.
- LRT (Scarborough Rapid Transit): 22 Mar. 1985 - today.
- Streetcars: 1495 mm.
- Subway : 1495 mm.
- LRT: 1435 mm.
- Bromley, J.F. TTC '28: The electric railway services of the Toronto Transportation Commission in 1928. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society, 1968.
- Filey, M. Not a one-horse town: 125 years of Toronto and its streetcars. Toronto: [Author], 1986.
- Filey, M. The TTC story: The first seventy-five years. Toronto/Oxford: Dundurn Press, 1996.
- Simons, V. "Toronto: Making the move", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2013 (76:910), p.420-426.
- Skelsey, G. "Toronto: The TTC's streetcars at 80 (Part 4)", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2001 (64:757), p.15-18.
- Taplin, M.R. Tramways of North America, including rapid transit.Hassocks (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1982 (?).
- Wickson, E.A. "Toronto's new Light Rail Line". In: Light Rail Review 2. London: Light Rail Transit Association, 2000 [p.63-65].
- The Big Move
- Canadian Street Railways
- Canadian Transit
- Steve Munro's Web Site (dedicated to public transit in Toronto)
- Toronto (on UrbanRailNet)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Transit Toronto
- TTS (Toronto Transportation Society) Online
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.