|Above: YouTubeCA video - Plzeň tram (2017) - Length: 58:02 mins.||Above: YouTubeCA video - Straßenbahn Plzeň (Pilsen) [Plsen trams] - Impressionen Oktober 2012 - Length: 12:57 mins.|
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Plzeňské městské dopravní podniky
|1||Bolevec - Pod Záhorskem - Solní, Posta - Mikulašske náměstí - Slovany|
|2||Skvrňany - Malesická - Solní, Posta - Mikulašske náměstí - Světovar|
|4||Košútka - Pod Záhorskem - Solní, Posta - Bory|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 20.3 km.
- Urban trams: 29 June 1899 - today.
- 1435 mm.
- Lehnhart, H. & Jeanmaire, C. Tramway systems of Eastern Europe II. Villigen AG (Switzerland): Verlag Eisenbahn, 1977.
- Linek, J. "Tramways of Czechoslovakia [Plzeň]", Light Rail and Modern Tramway. Oct. 1992 (55: 658), p.262-263.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.130 - Plzeň, Czech Republic", Tramways & Urban Transit Aug. 2018 (81: 968), p.304-308.
- Thompson, A. ""Progress in Plzeň", Tramways & Urban Transit Feb. 2023 (86: 1022), p.55-58.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.