I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
|1||St. Denis - Peyrou - Hôpital général - Esplanade - Gare de Palavas - Pl. de la Comédie - Gare PLM - St. Denis [Circular route, both directions]|
|2||École normale - Peyrou - Pl. de la Comédie - Gare PLM - Octroi de Palavas|
|3||Pl. de la Comédie - Gare de Palavas - Esplanade - Pierre Rouge - Cimetière St.Lazare - Castelnau-le-Lez|
|4||Gare de Palavas - Pl. de la Comédie - Gare PLM - St. Denis - Cours de Gambetta - Celleneuve|
|5||Hôpital-Hospice St.-Éloi - École normale - Hôpital général - Peyrou - Pl. de la Comédie - Gare PLM - St. Denis - Champ de Manœuvres|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 12 km.
- Urban tramway (First generation): (horse-drawn)18 July 1880 - 1883; (electric) Nov. 1897 - 31 Jan. 1949.
- Urban tramway (Second generation): 30 June 2000 - today.
- Tramway (first generation): ?
- Tramway (second generation): 1435 mm.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.45: Montpellier, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2011 (74: 882), p.223-226.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.121: Montpellier, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Nov. 2017 (80: 959), p.424-429.
- Taplin, M. "Systems Factfile No.4: Montpellier, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2007 (70: 838), p.387-389.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Montpellier: Another triumph for France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2000 (63: 713), p.328-330.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2022
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.