|Above: YouTubeCA video - Nottingham Express Transit! (NET) - Length: 32:14 mins.||Above: YouTubeCA video - Nottingham trams - Length: 0:58 mins.|
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Nottingham Express Transit
|HT||Hucknall - Toton Lane Line||Hucknall - Moor Bridge - Highbury Vale - Basford - Hyson Green - Old Market Square - Nottingham Station - Beeston - Toton Lane|
|PC||Phoenix Park - Clifton South Line||Phoenix Park - Highbury Vale - Basford - Hyson Green - Old Market Square - Nottingham Station - Silverdale - Clifton South|
Note: The route designations HT and PC are for clarity only. They are not used by the operator.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 32 km.
- Horse tramways: 17 Sept. 1878 - 30 Apr. 1902
- Steam tramways: 1884 - 1885
- First-generation electric urban tramway: 17 Nov. 1900 - 6 Sept. 1936.
- Interurban electric railway: 4 July 1913 - 5 Oct. 1933.
- Revived tramway (Nottingham Express Transit): 9 March 2004 - today.
- Urban and interurban tramway (First-generation): 1435 mm.
- Nottingham Express Transit: 1435 mm.
- Bett, W.H. & Gillham, J.C. Great British tramway networks. London: Light Railway Transport League, 1962.
- "Bringing Nottingham together", Tramways & Urban Transit, Special Supplement, Nov. 2015 (78: 935), 30p.
- "Nottingham Express Transit - Light rail operator of the year" Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2008 (71: 846), p.225-232.
- "Nottingham: First tram is almost ready to roll", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2002 (65: 777), p.329-332.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.156: Nottingham, United Kingdom", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2020 (83: 994), p.392-396.
- Rossiter, W. "Wider impacts on NET Phase Two", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2016 (79: 945), 347-349.
- "Trams and Lenton", Lenton Times, May 1993 (Issue No.8). (also available online
- Nottingham and District Tramways Company Limited
- Nottingham Corporation Tramways
- Nottingham Express Transit
- Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways Company
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.