|Above: YouTubeCA video - NAGASAKI Tram - Length: 15:51 mins.||Above: YouTubeCA video - Trams in Nagasaki, Japan - 長崎の路面電車 - Length: 16:22. mins.|
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Nagasaki Electric Tramway (長崎電気軌道 Nagasaki Denki Kidō)
|1||Blue||赤迫 (Akasako) – 住吉 (Sumiyoshi) – 浦上駅前 (Urakami Station) - 長崎駅前 (Nagasaki Station) - 出島 (Dejima) - 西浜町 (Nishihamanomachi) - 正覚寺下 (Shōkakuji-shita)|
|3||Red||赤迫 (Akasako) – 住吉 (Sumiyoshi) – 浦上駅前 (Urakami Station) - 長崎駅前 (Nagasaki Station) - 公会堂前 (Kōkaidō-mae) - 蛍茶屋 (Hotarujaya)|
|4||Yellow||蛍茶屋 (Hotarujaya) - 公会堂前 (Kōkaidō-mae) - 西浜町 (Nishihamanomachi) - 正覚寺下 (Shōkakuji-shita)|
|5||Green||蛍茶屋 (Hotarujaya) - 公会堂前 (Kōkaidō-mae) - 西浜町 (Nishihamanomachi) - 石橋 (Ishibashi)|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tram lines: 11.5 km.
- Municipal tramway: 16 Nov. 1915 - today (service interrupted between the day of the atomic bomb attack [9 Aug. 1945] and 25 Nov. 1945).
- Municipal tramway: 1435 mm.
- Demery, L.W., Forty, R., De Groote, R. and Higgins, J.W. Electric railways of Japan - Vol.3: Western Japan. Gloucester (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1997.
- Forty, R. & Higgins, J.W. "Japan today - Part 2: Nagasaki, Kumamoto and Kagoshima", Modern Tramway & Light Rapid Transit, Feb. 1977 (40: 470), p.50-60.
- Pulling, N. "Nagasaki: Risen from ruin", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2019 (82: 973), p. 20-21.
- 田栗優一 (Taguri, Y.) 長崎「電車」が走る街 今昔 (The city where the Nagasaki trams run - Past and present). Tokyo: JTB, 2005.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.