INSET: CENTRAL ISTANBUL
I created the above maps by overlaying OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps with my own data. Copyright on the OSM maps is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM maps used as templates for these maps correspond to the situation at the time the maps were downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, they may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Istanbul Electrik, Tramway ve Tünel Isletmeleri (IETT)
Note: Some route numbers were duplicated. In such cases, the second occurrence of a route number has an asterisk (*) after it. These symbols were not used by the operator, however.
|1||Kadıköy - Karaca Ahmet - Bağlarbaşı - Kısıklı|
|4||Kadıköy - Altıyol - İhlamor - Bostancı|
|6||Kadıköy - Altıyol - İhlamor - Fenerbahçe|
|8||Kadıköy - Altıyol - Hasanpaşa|
|10||Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Şişli|
|11||Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Şişli|
|11*||Üsküdar - Bağlarbaşı - Kısıklı|
|12||Fatih - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye|
|12*||Kadıköy - Karaca Ahmet - Üsküdar|
|14||Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Maçka|
|15||Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Maçka|
|16||Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Maçka|
|17||Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Şişli - Mecidiyeköy|
|19||Aksaray - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Tünel - Taksim - Harbiye - Tatavla (Kurtuluş)|
|20||Kadıköy - Altıyol - Moda|
|22||Eminönü - Karaköy - Beşiktaş - Ortaköy - Bebek|
|23||Aksaray - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Beşiktaş - Ortaköy|
|32||Topkapı - Aksaray - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Bahçekapı|
|33||Yedikule - Aksaray - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Bahçekapı|
|34||Fatih - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Eminönü - Karaköy - Beşiktaş|
|37||Edirnekapı - Fatih - Beyazıt - Sirkeci - Bahçekapı|
|Tünel||Karaköy - Beyoğlu|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramways: ? km.
- Tünel Funicular: 573 m.
- City trams (first-generation): (horse-drawn:) 1871 - 1912; (electric): 1912 - 3 Oct. 1966
- City trams (second-generation, full-service): 13 June 1992 - today.
- City trams (heritage tramways): (T2) 29 Dec. 1990 - today; (T3) 1 Nov. 2003 - today.
- Light rail (M1): 3 Sept. 1989 - today.
- Metro: 16 Sept. 2000 - today.
- Underground funicular (Tünel): (steam-operated): 17 Jan. 1875 - 1971; (electric): 3 Nov. 1971 - today.
- Kabataş-Taksim Funicular (electric): 29 June 2006 - today.
- Trams (first-generation): ? mm.
- Trams (second-generation and heritage): 1435 mm.
- Light rail (M1): 1435 mm.
- Metro: 1435 mm.
- Underground funicular (Tünel): 1435 mm.
- Kabataş-Taksim Funicular: 1435 mm.
The Rahmi M. Koç Museum has a preserved tram from the 1st generation system as well as other objects of interest.
- F1 Taksim–Kabataş funicular line
- Istanbul Metro
- Istanbul nostalgic tramways
- Istanbul Tram
- Public transport in Istanbul
- Rahmi M. Koç Museum
- Trams in Istanbul
Also, thanks to Michiel J.L. Rademakers, from Tilburg (The Netherlands), for further information provided through personal communication.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2023
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.