Operator: TransN (Transports publics neuchâtelois)
|215||Place Pury - Auvernier - Areuse - Boudry|
|110||Université - Gare CFF|
|111||La Coudre - Chaumont|
|112||Ecluse - Plan|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramways - 19 km.
- Funiculars - 2.8 km.
- Neuchâtel trams: (steam) 1892 - 1902; (horse-drawn) 1894 - 1897; (electric) 1897 - today.
- Funicular (Ecluse - Plan): (hydraulic) 1890 - 1907; (electric) 1907 - today.
- Funicular (Chaumont): (electric) 1910 - today.
- Funicular (Fun'ambule): (electric; fully automated) 2001 - today.
- (All except the Fun'ambule): 1000 mm.
- Fun'ambule: 1600 mm.
- Buckley, R.J. Tramways and Light Railways of Switzerland and Austria. Milton Keynes (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1st ed., 1984.
- Buckley, R.J. Tramways and Light Railways of Switzerland and Austria. Milton Keynes (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 2nd ed., 2000.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz / Railatlas Suisse Köln (Germany): Schweers + Wall, 2004.
- Jacques, P.J. "The tramways of the Neuchatel area", The Modern Tramway, Nov. 1961 (24:287), p.324-327.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Neuchâtel: Swiss lakeside city with tram-train ambitions", Tramways & Urban Transit, Dec. 2005 (68: 816), p.476-479.
- Association Neuchâteloise des Amis du Tramway
- Fun'ambule - Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- TransN (Transports publics neuchâtelois)
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2021
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.