I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Shanghai Keolis
|T1||辰塔路 (Chenta Road) - 松江体育 (Songjiang Sports Center) - 锦昔路 (Jinxi Road) - 新桥火车站 (Xinqiao Railway Station)|
|T2||辰塔路 (Chenta Road) - 松江大学城 (Songjiang University Town) - 锦昔路 (Jinxi Road) - 新桥火车站 (Xinqiao Railway Station)|
RUBBER-TIRED TRAM ROUTE
Operator: Shanghai Modern Rail Transportation Co., Ltd
|ZJ||张江地铁站 (Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park) - 张东路金秋路站 (Zhangdong Road Jinqiu Road)|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Songjiang Tram: 26.8 km.
- Zhangjiang Tram: 10 km.
- Electric trams (First generation): 21 Jan. 1908 - 1975
- Electric trams (Second generation): Zhangjiang Tram - 1 Jan. 2010 - today; Songjiang Tram - 26 Dec. 2018 - today.
- Underground: 28 May 1993 - today
- Electric trams (First generation): ?
- Electric trams (Second generation, Zhangjiang Tram): no gauge, runs on a concrete base.
- Electric trams (Second generation, Songjiang Tram): 1435 mm.
- Underground (Shanghai metro): 1435 mm.
- The Shanghai Electric Construction Co. Ltd. Shanghai tramways [Map], 1939.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.