I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Debreceni Közlekedési Vállalat (DKV)
|1||Nagyállomás [Central Station] - Városháza [City Hall] - Debrecen Plaza - Egyetem [University]|
|2||Nagyállomás [Central Station] - Városháza [City Hall] - Debrecen Plaza - Doberdó utca|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- 11.5 km.
- Horse-powered trams: 1888 - 1911.
- Electric trams: 1911 - today.
- 1435 mm.
- Kubinszky, M., Lovász, I. & Villányi, Gy. Régi magyar villamosok: A történelmi Magyarország közúti vasutai a kezdettől a II. világháború végéig [Old Hungarian trams: Street railways of historic Hungary from the beginning to the end of World War II]. Budapest: Budapesti Városvédő Egyesület, (1999?).
- Lehnhart, H. and Jeanmaire, C. Tramway systems of Eastern Europe II. Villigen AG (Switzerland): Verlag Eisenbahn, 1977.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.108: Debrecen, Hungary" Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2016 (79: 946), p.391-395.
- Taplin, M.R. "Tramways of provincial Hungary (Parts 1 and 2)", Modern Tramway and Light Railway Review, Nov.-Dec. 1973 (36: 431-432), p.382, 402-404.
- Debreceni Közlekedési Vállalat (DKV)
- Harminc éve szűnt meg az utolsó debreceni villamos mellékvonal [The last brach line of the Debrecen tramways ceased operations thirty years ago]
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.