INSET: CENTRAL TORONTO
ABBREVIATIONS ON THE MAPS
|CS||Church Street||UA||University Av.|
|KR||Kingston Road||US||Union Station (Railway)|
|MS||Main Street Station||WS||Wellington Street|
|PS||Parliament Street||YS||York Street|
I created the above maps by overlaying OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps with my own data. Copyright on the OSM maps is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM maps used as a template for these maps corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
Note: The numbered route designations have been in use since the late 1970s . However, the route names also continue to be used.
|501||QUEEN||Long Branch - Lake Shore Blvd. - Queensway - Queen St. - Neville Park|
|502||DOWNTOWNER||McCaul Loop - Queen St. - Kingston Rd. - Bingham Loop [Weekdays only]|
|(503)||KINGSTON ROAD||York St. - King St.(return: Church St. - Wellington St.) - King St. - Queen St. - Kingston Rd. - Bingham Loop [Weekday rush hours only]|
|504||KING||Dundas W Stn. - Roncesvalles Ave. - King St. - Queen St. - Broadview Ave. - Broadview Stn.|
|505||DUNDAS||Dundas W Stn. - Dundas St. - Broadview Ave. - Broadview Stn.|
|506||CARLTON||High Park Loop - College St. - Carlton St. - Gerrard St. - Main St. Stn.|
|509||HARBOURFRONT||Union Station - Queen's Quay - Fleet St. - Exhibition|
|510||SPADINA||Union Station - Queen's Quay - Spadina Ave. - Spadina Station|
|511||BATHURST||Bathurst Stn. - Bathurst St. - Fleet St. - Exhibition|
|512||ST. CLAIR||Gunn's Loop - St. Clair Ave. - St. Clair Station W. - St. Clair Ave. - St. Clair Station E.|
|514||CHERRY||Exhibition (Dufferin Entrance) - Dufferin St. - King St. - Cherry St. - Distillery Loop|
SCARBOROUGH LIGHT RAPID TRANSIT (LRT) LINE
|3||SCARBOROUGH LRT||Kennedy Stn. - Scarborough Town Centre (McCowan)|
|1||YONGE-UNIVERSITY-SPADINA||Finch Av. - Yonge St. - Union Station - University Av. - Spadina Av. - Spadina Expressway - Downsview|
|2||BLOOR-DANFORTH||Kipling - Bloor St. - Danforth Av. - Kennedy Stn.|
|4||SHEPPARD||Yonge - Sheppard Av. - Don Mills|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcar lines: 95 km.
- Scarborough LRT line: 6 km.
- Subway lines: 62 km.
- Streetcars: (horse-powered) 11 Sept. 1861 - 30 Aug. 1894; (electric) 15 Aug. 1892 - today.
- Subway: 30 Mar. 1954 - today.
- LRT (Scarborough Rapid Transit): 22 Mar. 1985 - today.
- Streetcars: 1495 mm.
- Subway : 1495 mm.
- LRT: 1435 mm.
- Bromley, J.F. TTC '28: The electric railway services of the Toronto Transportation Commission in 1928. Toronto: Upper Canada Railway Society, 1968.
- Filey, M. Not a one-horse town: 125 years of Toronto and its streetcars. Toronto: [Author], 1986.
- Filey, M. The TTC story: The first seventy-five years. Toronto/Oxford: Dundurn Press, 1996.
- Simons, V. "Toronto: Making the move", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2013 (76: 910), p.420-426.
- Simons, V., Webb P. & Munro, S. "On the move in Toronto", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2018 (81: 969), p.335-338.
- Skelsey, G. "Toronto: The TTC's streetcars at 80 (Part 4)", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2001 (64: 757), p.15-18.
- Taplin, M.R. Tramways of North America, including rapid transit. Hassocks (England): Light Rail Transit Association, 1982 (?).
- Wickson, E.A. "Toronto's new Light Rail Line". In: Light Rail Review 2. London: Light Rail Transit Association, 2000 [p.63-65].
- Scarborough RT (TTC)
- Toronto streetcar system
- Toronto subway and RT
- Toronto Transit Commission
- The Big Move
- Canadian Street Railways
- Canadian Transit
- Steve Munro's Web Site (dedicated to public transit in Toronto)
- Toronto (on UrbanRailNet)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Transit Toronto
- TTS (Toronto Transportation Society) Online
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2020
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.