Operator: British Columbia Electric Railway Company (BCER)
URBAN STREETCAR ROUTES
|1||Downtown – Fort St. – Oak Bay|
|2||Cloverdale – Douglas St. – Government St. – Downtown – Outer Wharf|
|3||Fernwood – Downtown – Beacon Hill Park|
|4||Downtown – Government St . – Bay St. – Esquimalt|
|5||Downtown – Government St . – Bay St. – The Gorge|
|6||Hillside – Douglas St. – Downtown – Fort St. – Cook St. – Foul Bay|
|9||Downtown – Fort St. – Uplands|
|10||Burnside – Douglas St. – Downtown – Fort St. – Mount Tolmie Park|
|11||Downtown – Fort St. – Exhibition Park|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Victoria streetcar lines: 37.4 km.
- Streetcars: 22 Feb. 1890 - 03 July 1948.
- Victoria streetcars: 1435 mm. (?)
- Ewert, H. The story of the B.C. Electric Railway Company. North Vancouver: Whitecap Books, 1986.
- Davenport's Commercial Map of Greater Victoria Victoria: Island Blue Print and Map Company, 1921, 1944.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.