I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
|1||Hauts-du-Chazal - Micropolis - Rosemont - Chamars - République - Parc Micaud - Brûlefoin - Schweitzer - Lilas - Chalezeule|
|2||Hauts-du-Chazal - Micropolis - Rosemont - Chamars - République - Parc Micaud - Gare Viotte (Besançon Station)|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 14.5 km.
- Urban tramway (First generation, electric): 6 May 1896 - 24 Dec. 1952.
- Urban tramway (Second generation): 30 Aug. 2014 - today.
- Funicular (Funiculaire de Beauregard-Bregille): 24 Nov. 1912 - 12 March 1987
- Tramway (first generation): 1000 mm.
- Tramway (second generation): 1435 mm.
- Funicular (Funiculaire de Beauregard-Bregille): 1050 mm.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.107: Besançon, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2016 (79: 945), p.352-356.
- Ancien tramway de Besançon
- Funiculaire de Bregille
- Tramway de Besançon
- Transports en commun de Besançon)
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.