I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
|A||Floirac Dravemont / La Gardette Bassens Carbon Blanc - Buttinière - Pont de Pierre - Porte de Bourgogne - Hôtel de Ville - Stade Chaban-Delmas - St.Augustin - Mérignac Centre|
|B||Berges de la Garonne - Claveau - Bassins à Flot - Quinconces - Grand Théâtre - Hôtel de Ville - Victoire - Barrière St.Genès - Arts et Métiers - Bougnard - Pessac Centre|
|C||Berges du Lac - Les Aubiers - Quinconces - Porte de Bourgogne - Gare St.Jean - Bègles Terres Neuves|
A particular feature of the new Bordeaux tram network is its ground-level power supply system which is used in the city centre to avoid overhead wires for esthetic reasons.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 44 km.
- Urban tramway (first generation): (horse-drawn): 4 May 1880 - ?; (electric): 17 Sept. 1893 - 8 Dec. 1958.
- Urban tramway (second generation): 21 dec. 2003 - today.
- Tramways (first generation): 1435 mm. (Some suburban tramways had 1000 mm. at first, but these were changed to 1435 mm. later).
- Tramways (second generation): 1435 mm.
- Dabitch, C. Le tramway de Bordeaux : une histoire Bordeaux: éditions Sud-Ouest, 2004.
- L'Host, H. et al. Histoire du tramway, omnibus, trolleybus et autobus à Bordeaux Breil sur Roya: Cabri, 2000.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile - No.33: Bordeaux, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2010 (73: 870), p.219-222.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile - No.139: Bordeaux, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, May 2019 (82: 977), p.184-188.
- Robert, J. Histoire des transports dans les villes de France Neuilly-sur-Seine: J. Robert, 1974.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.