I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Compagnie des transports de la porte océane, on behalf of the Communauté de l'agglomération havraise.
|A||La Plage - Hôtel de Ville - Gares (Stations) - Place Jenner - Mont-Gaillard - Grand Hameau|
|B||La Plage - Hôtel de Ville - Gares (Stations) - Place Jenner - Verlaine - Caucriauville-Pré fleuri|
|Funiculaire du Havre||rue Gustave Flaubert - Sainte-Marie|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 13 km.
- Funicular: 343 m.
- Horse–powered tramway 1 Feb. 1874 - 25 Sept. 1894.
- Electric tramway: 2 Feb. 1894 – 4 June 1951 (1st generation); 12 Dec. 2012 - today (2nd generation).
- Funicular: 18 Aug. 1890 - today.
- Tramway (Le Havre, old and new): 1435 mm.
- Tramway (Montivilliers): 1000 mm. (12 July 1899 - Oct. 1910)
- Funicular: 1200 mm.
- Jacquot, A. "Les Tramways du Havre", Connaissance du Rail, Mar.-Apr. 2009 (334-335), p.4-15.
- Laederich, P. "Un nouveau tramway pour Le Havre", Connaissance du Rail, Mar.-Apr. 2009 (334-335), p.16-18.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.