I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
|1||(François Mitterand [St. Herblain] - Tertre - Lauriers) / (Jamet) - Croix Bonneau - Gare Maritime - Commerce - Gare SNCF - Bd. de Doulon - Haluchère - Beaujoire|
|2||Orvault-Grand Val - Santos Dumont - Université - Saint Félix - Commerce - Mangin - Pirmil - Gare de Pont-Rousseau|
|3||Marcel Paul - Beauséjour - Rond-Point de Vannes - Commerce - Mangin - Pirmil - Trocardière - Neustrie|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 43.5 km.
- Urban tramway (First generation): (compressed air): 13 Dec. 1879 - 1917; (electric): 1911 - 25 Jan. 1958.
- Urban tramway (Second generation): 7 Jan. 1985 - today.
- Tramway (first generation): 1435 mm.
- Tramway (second generation): 1435 mm.
- Fox, P. "French pioneer: Nantes opens northern section of Line 2", Light Rail Review 6, 1994, p.37-40.
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.114: Nantes, France", Tramways & Urban Transit, Apr. 2017 (80: 952), p.144-148.
- Simons, V. "Nantes latest tram train: Nantes moves on", Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2014 (77: 918), p.240-241.
- Ancien tramway de Nantes
- Société d'économie mixte des transports en commun de l'agglomération nantaise (SEMITAN)
- Tramway de Nantes
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.