|Above: YouTubeCA video - Nice Tramway T1 - Length: 16:37 mins.|
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is © OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Société nouvelle des transports de l'agglomération niçoise (ST2N)
|T1||Las Planas - Valrose Université - Gare Nice Ville (Nice Station) - Place Massena - Place Garibaldi - Vauban - Saint-Charles - Pont Michel|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway: 8.7 km.
- Urban tramway (Cannes): 25 Feb. 1899 - 11 May 1933.
- Urban tramway (Nice, first generation): (horse-drawn): 28 Feb. 1878 - 3 Nov. 1902; (electric): 13 Jan. 1900 - 30 Jan. 1953.
- Urban tramway (Nice, second generation): 24 Nov. 2007 - today.
- Tramway (Nice and Cannes, first generation): 1000 mm.
- Tramway (second generation): 1435 mm.
- Courant, R. Le temps des tramways Menton: Éditions du Cabri, 1982.
- "Next-generation tramways: Nice", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2019 (82: 981), p.342-343.
- Robert, J. Les tramways de Nice et de la Côte d'Azur Neuilly-sur-Seine: Editeur Jean Robert, 1988.
- Lignes d'Azur
- Trams in Cannes
- Tramway de Nice
- Tramway de Nice et du Littoral
- Tramways des Alpes-Maritimes
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.