TRAM ROUTES (SUPERTRAM)
Operator: Stagecoach Group , on behalf of the Greater Sheffield Passenger Transport Executive (GMPTE)
The lettered route designations (B, P and Y) are not in actual use.
|B||Blue Line||Malin Bridge - Hillsborough - University of Sheffield - Cathedral - Park Square - Sheffield Station - Manor Top - Gleadless - Birley - Waterthorpe - Halfway|
|P||Purple Line||Herdings Park - Manor Top - Sheffield Station - Park Square - Cathedral [at certain times only: - Nunnery Square - Aftercliffe - Meadowhall]|
|Y||Yellow Line||Middlewood - Hillsborough - University of Sheffield - Cathedral - Park Square - Nunnery Square - Aftercliffe - Meadowhall|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Tramway (Supertram): 29 km.
- Horse–powered tramway: Oct. 1873 - Nov. 1902.
- First-generation electric tramway: 5 Sept. 1899 - 8 Oct. 1960.
- Revived tramway (electric overhead): 21 March 1994 – today.
- Tramway: 1435 mm.
- Bett, W.H. & Gillham, J.C. Great British tramway networks. London: Light Railway Transport League, 1962.
- Bower, R. "Sheffield Corporation Tramways", The Modern Tramway, June 1948 (11: 126), p.49; 52-54.
- Fox, P. "Tram operation in Sheffield: Progress, problems and a crisis". In: Light Rail Review 7. London: Light Rail Transit Association, 1995 [p.63-71].
- Pulling, N. "Systems Factfile No.40 - Sheffield Supertram, UK", Tramways & Urban Transit, Jan. 2011 (74:877), p.19-22.
- Jones, B. "Sheffield: South Yorkshire's quiet success story", Tramways & Urban Transit, June-July 2007 (70:834-835), p.212-216; 253-256.
- Read, G.. "Sheffield: Double the distance?", Tramways & Urban Transit, Aug. 2003 (66: 788), p.288-291.
- Rotherham Tramway
- Sheffield Supertram
- Sheffield Tramway
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- Stagecoach Group
- Transport in Sheffield
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.